Question

extract centerline from 3dsolids?

• 31 October 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hi Guys,

I've attached a screenhot......a lot of Pipelines as 3dsolids from AUTOCAD3D.......is there any possibility to get the centerlines as a 2D polyline?

I know I wrote nothing but details because I want to know first if there is any possibility to do this in FME and write it in .pod file?

Greetz

Franco

6 replies

Badge +6

Hi Guys again,

ok...start again with a selected cylinder ......screenshot.....any ideas or mathematic operations to calculate the middle point front and back to build a centerline from this solid?

any ideas?

Greetz

Franco

Badge +6

Hi Guys again,

i could produce the centerpoint from front circle and centerpoint from back circle.....

two points with XYZ Coordinate...but when i take the PointConnector to build the line the result is a 2DLine

and the length is wrong so.

How can i now produce a 3D line?

Greetz

Franco

Badge +6

or is the line 3D and the Lengthcalculator calculates only 2D?

Any thoughts? solutions?

Thx and Greetz

Franco
Badge +6

Hi Guys,

I solved it.....the line was 3D...I didn't check the length dimension button in the Lengthcalculator

Thx anyway

Franco

Badge +1

Glad that you solved this. Though, I don't think that's applicable for elbow segment of pipeline (1st picture). Can you tell us how you solved that... It seems like heavy work for those parts.

Badge +6

Glad that you solved this. Though, I don't think that's applicable for elbow segment of pipeline (1st picture). Can you tell us how you solved that... It seems like heavy work for those parts.

Hi,

you are right becaus eof the elbows......but i need only an intersection angle line there not exactly the curved line.....

Greetz

Franco