Question

Missing polygons when writing to PostGIS?

• 15 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am having issues where some polygons are not being written to my PostGIS schema when running a workspace.

Attached are two screenshots, one from directly before the PostGIS feature writer and one of the same features being read back in from PostGIS.

I've checked the geometries are valid, are not too complex and have also written it out to a FGDB where all polygons are written fine.

Has anyone experienced this or have any potential solutions/suggestions?

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Have you verified the FME log for warnings after writing the polygons? I've had instances where some warnings weren't "properly" highlighted in the FME log, so I recommend that you really check thoroughly for anything in the log that could explain why the polygons weren't written.

You could also insert a GeometryValidator with basic OGC checks before the writer, to see if there are any issues.

Badge +16

Have you verified the FME log for warnings after writing the polygons? I've had instances where some warnings weren't "properly" highlighted in the FME log, so I recommend that you really check thoroughly for anything in the log that could explain why the polygons weren't written.

You could also insert a GeometryValidator with basic OGC checks before the writer, to see if there are any issues.

yep, lesson from the very beginning always use a GeometryValidator before writing to a database.