Question

FME Server smallworld workbench error

Badge

Hi,

FME Server is not able to lunch the workbench which is able to work correctly via desktop.

If I select only one reader+writer that is able to work. However when I launch the whole reader-writer, than is getting error. I have attached the Smallworld-emacs error and the log file.

My goal is that I would like to download the whole data from SMALLWORLD to SL3/FFS any different database format daily via fme server schedules. I have prepared a workbench you can find below. 1 million records include.

7 replies

Badge +3

Have you tried to restart the Smallworld FME service that is being called? I know this helped very often at a client I worked for in the past.

Badge

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. after you said I have tried. However, I got same error ?t look like there might be more than one issue. To fix it, i have separated the layer which comes from smallworld.

What I couldn't understand that the dekstop is working fine, but the same workbanch on the fme server is not working.

Badge +3

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. after you said I have tried. However, I got same error ?t look like there might be more than one issue. To fix it, i have separated the layer which comes from smallworld.

What I couldn't understand that the dekstop is working fine, but the same workbanch on the fme server is not working.

Since you are running the workspace from FME Server, I am wondering whether the database connection is set correctly on the server and the permissions are set correctly?

Badge

Hi,

Yes, database connection is correct. By the way, fme server is working fine the other workbench which configured with one layer. However If I try to run more than one layer, it is getting error like that

Badge

Hi,

fme-server-sworld-error.zip

Now, I have restarted the fme server and tried only one layer which is pole.

1- running (ou can find the log file)

2-when it come almost 100.000 records and the log displaying 12page -5676 rows

3-job failed

Badge

Hi,

Hi,I am trying the layers one by one, I have 5 layers1-wire (line)2-cable (line)3-Pole (point)4-Transformator(point)5-Substation(polygon)And than the wire has completed as expected.I mean to say pole layer is not running correctly

Badge +3

I think my knowledge of FME Server/Smallworld stops there.

The only solution I am thinking about is to use a WorkspaceRunner which uses an attribute that defines the different Smallworld tables to read and to use a workspace that kicks it off, possibly with the option to define which tables should be downloaded.

It is also possible to do it in a single workspace using multiple FeatureReaders. I would be carefull though, since each Smallworld reader needs to be closed before the next one can start (as far as I know).