Solved

Grid's and linear features not intersecting

• 5 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi there,

I'm trying to get grid locations from a polygon fgdb feature class attribute for the start and end of a fgdb line feature class. The attribute I need to put into the line data is a GRID ID (shown below). I've created two different scripts that seem to work, although all the writers have null values in both GRID_ID columns. I've attached a screenshot of the data in arc, and my workspace. In the second attempt of the workspace, the clipper doesn't output any features inside it.

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 5 November 2019, 19:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @reidm35,

Please check that the polygons and the line have the same coordinate system set on them. ArcGIS will reproject the datasets to align when viewing, but FME does not do this when processing. If the coordinate systems are different, please reproject the grids into the line coordinate system before doing the Spatial relate or clip.

Badge

Hi @reidm35,

Please check that the polygons and the line have the same coordinate system set on them. ArcGIS will reproject the datasets to align when viewing, but FME does not do this when processing. If the coordinate systems are different, please reproject the grids into the line coordinate system before doing the Spatial relate or clip.

Hi Dave. Both the coordinate systems have been set to the same, but I'm still having the same problem. Do I need to use the reprojector if the coordinate system wasn't set before?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi Dave. Both the coordinate systems have been set to the same, but I'm still having the same problem. Do I need to use the reprojector if the coordinate system wasn't set before?

Please connect Inspector transformers to both the source feature types and run your workspace again. This will show you if they overlay correctly.