Solved

SQL Executor DateTime issue

• 9 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

I'm using the SQL Executor transformer to pull back the most recent records from a SQL server DB  since the ETL was last run.  The last run datetime will be held in in a Postgres table and pushed through as a parameter to the SQL Executor, the issue here arises when I push the datetime parameter through to the SQL Executor 

As a test and to trap the error I've used the attribute creator transformer to generate a datetime attribute which would mimic the last run datetime from Postgres, and hence push this through as a parameter. I've set the value = '2018-01-14 09:18:00'

If I run SQL Executor with a set datetime ('2018-01-14 09:18:00') the SQL executor runs successfully  and returns records. However if I run the same query replacing the specified datetime value with the the parameter I get the following error message, despite the value and format being identical?

--'. Provider error `(-2147217900) Incorrect syntax near '09'.'

The error message points to an issue with the time element of  the parameter?

The SQL statement below, for reference I've commented out the 'where clause' which works perfectly fine.

SELECT        cjl.job_log_number, cj.job_number, cj.job_notes, cj.site_code, cj.plot_number, cj.job_entry_date, cjl.status_code, cjl.allocated_officer, cjl.logged_date, cj.contract_code, cj.contract_area_code, cj.job_status_flag, 
                         job.work_type_code
FROM            [confirm].job AS cj LEFT OUTER JOIN
                             (SELECT        work_type_code, order_number, contract_code
                               FROM            [confirm].order_header) AS job ON cj.order_number = job.order_number AND cj.contract_code = job.contract_code LEFT OUTER JOIN
                         [confirm].job_status_log AS cjl ON cj.job_number = cjl.job_number

WHERE        cjl.logged_date >  @Value(last_run) -- this doesn't work

-- WHERE cjl.logged_date > '2018-01-14 09:18:00' -- this works

0684Q00000ArCQrQAN.png

I'm using FME version 2017.1 and any help greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Chris

icon

Best answer by takashi 9 April 2018, 13:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @clang, try surrounding the datetime value by single quotations.

Badge +6

Thank you, you're a legend.