Question

Error in clipper: “Invalid Clippee detected, using first coordinate of Clippee.”,

• 26 March 2014
  • 5 replies

Badge +5
Error in clipper: “Invalid Clippee detected, using first coordinate of Clippee.”,

I wanted to apply the clipper between two hatches (areas) layer but I got the error below

“Invalid Clippee detected, using first coordinate of Clippee”

The first layer is: Boundary_UrbanMasterPlan_HatchType_Design_Compulsory

The second layer is: Landuse_UrbanMasterPlan_HatchType_Design_Compulsory

Mathematically,

Roads = Boundary - Landuse

What might be the issue here?

Downloads:

CAD file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lf3y6k096nj1724/Rojib_Nablus_UrbanMasterPlan_06_X.dwg

Workbench file:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ubkuygxusxpkuk8/Clipper.fmw

Thank you

Best

Jamal

5 replies

Badge +3
Hi Jamal,

First of alll when i clip these in fme 2013 it works.

But it also reveals that your boundary is not well matched with the landuse at the outer edge.

Resulting in at least one bad object.

Gio

Badge +5
Thanks GIO,

I couldn’t figure out why the Boundary polygon and the Landuse polygons should be matched. At the end, I’m subtracting the Landuse polygons from the Boundary polygon.

Separately, the FME recognizes the Boundary polygon (1) and the Landuse polygons (72) as shown in the screenshots below.

Then why when it comes to apply the “clipper” then it doesn’t work?

Badge +3
Hi jamal,

I checked your autocad file in using autocad.

I noticed a little area on top hads an eleavation, its has 3 dimensions. Maybe u should filter it out before clipper (or use 2dforcer).

Matching is to make sure all result objects are viable. Else u get slivers and selfintersecting bits etc.

Over 20 objects overlap your boundary...creating slivers and tiny bits.

If u dissolve boths layers together and use that as clippee, you have a better result.

Gio

Badge +5
Thank you very much GIO for sharing the model. It is very useful.

Best

Jamal
Badge +5
With same inputs (Landuse and Boundary), the ArcGIS can extract the Roads easily with the commands shown in the model below:

Why the FME has issues as we need to extract the Roads from the Boundary and Landuse? It ends with the error below as the “clipper”is applied

“Invalid Clippee detected, using first coordinate of Clippee”