Question

Separate polygon to multiple polygon by a field and convert polygons to raster

• 12 September 2014
  • 9 replies

Badge +5
Hi,

I have a polygon, I want to split based on a filed. Then, I want to convert polygons which is splited to raster (Geotiff) .

I tried it by two steps. But other method to do that only step? Can you help me? Thanks

This is myy solution:

9 replies

Badge +5
Hi,

Can you help me please?
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Hoa,

Are you using the destination dataset of Step 1 as the source dataset of Step 2?

If so, I think that you can connect the reader of Step 1 to the ImageRasterizer directly.

Takashi
Badge +5
Hi Takashi,

I am using 2 steps as illustration. It means I have run step1 to split polygon.

And then in step 2, I read writer in step 1 and raster image. 

But now, I want it's only step. How can I do?
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
If the reader in Step 2 reads all the data which were created by the writer in Step 1, you can send features read by the reader in Step 1 to the ImageRasterlizer directly, as I mentioned in the first post.

Doesn't this work?

Reader (Step 1) -> ImageRasterlizer -> Writer (Step 2)
Badge +5
Yes. My figure done that look like you explain. But the step 2 will run when finish step 1 (It means I get output from step 1 to do input for step 2). Can I set up the processing when the step 1 finish and step 2 start run??? 

Have you better method for that? 

Thank you

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
If the purpose is just to create raster data, you don't need to create the intermediate dataset which is being created with the writer (Step 1). Send the features read by the reader (Step 1) to the ImageRasterlizer directly, you can then remove the writer (Step 1) and the reader (Step 2).

Reader (Step 1)

|

+--> ImageRasterlizer --> Writer (Step 2)

But you can also remain the writer (Step 1) if you need the dataset that will be written by it. Just branch the data flow from the reader, and connect it to the writer (Step 1).

Reader (Step 1)

|

+--> ImageRasterlizer --> Writer (Step 2)

|

+--> Writer (Step 1)
Badge +5
In your point is meaning the same in picture.

My purpose don't need to create intermediate dataset (split). 

In my picture, I want to raster based on ldlr field. If I do that as you , there is not an option to do that.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Why not specify Idlr to the "Group By" parameter?
Badge +5
I lost that. I'm stupid :(. Thank you, Takashi. I done that :)