Question

Writing to ESRI File Geodatabase

• 30 October 2015
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Good Day,

This question continues on from a previous question of mine:

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/3794/need-hel...

The problem I'm having is that when I look at the canvas in FME after running the process, FME indicates that 433 records were written to the File Geodatabase:

But when I look at the attribute table in the file geodatabase, there are 0 records in it:

I don't know if there's a step or something that I am missing between AttributeExposer and the File Geodatabase Writer. Kind of learning here by trial and error.

Thanks for any help,

Chris

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Please review in the inspector whether you are passing only attributes or geometry with attributes.

Pratap

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
From the looks of the workspace, there is no geometry being created on the features being sent to the "NewFeatureType" table headed for File Geodatabase. I strongly suspect that that table may be configured to want point or line features -- so check the properties of NewFeatureType by clicking on the gear in its banner and adjusting the Geometry to be NONE if you aren't wanting geometric features. Else, if you do, use a VertexCreator (if you have a modern FME, else a 2DGeometryReplacer) to set geometry prior to heading out to the NewFeatureType.

Lastly, I'd suggest checking the log that is produced in case there are warnings in there about the configuration -- these may give a hint as well.