Question

I am changing servers and upgrading my FME Server to 2018 but cannot find my serial number to license properly once installed on the new server. where can I find this?

I cannot find what my current license serial number is to input into the upgraded 2018 FME Server license area. the temporary works for 7 days but want to use the license i had for 2015 server on 2018 server,

11 replies

Userlevel 4

If you cannot find your serial number, you should contact your FME Server reseller and ask them, they have the serial number on file.

If you cannot find your serial number, you should contact your FME Server reseller and ask them, they have the serial number on file.

Thanks David, that was my first thought as well. I have contacted Safe via email/sales rep. but hadn't gotten a response back.

Badge +16

Thanks David, that was my first thought as well. I have contacted Safe via email/sales rep. but hadn't gotten a response back.

Still quite early there....:)

Still quite early there....:)

It was 2+ days ago. ;)

Badge +16

It was 2+ days ago. ;)

winter sleep? :)

winter sleep? :)

Sounds nice to me. Can't blame them.
Userlevel 4

It was 2+ days ago. ;)

After 2 days I'd expect a reply... Perhaps try the live chat in the lower right of this page, they should come online fairly soon.

After 2 days I'd expect a reply... Perhaps try the live chat in the lower right of this page, they should come online fairly soon.

I'll give that a shot. It seems every time I have tried to Chat, they've been offline. Thanks for the suggestions.

Userlevel 4

I'll give that a shot. It seems every time I have tried to Chat, they've been offline. Thanks for the suggestions.

You may already know this, but if you bought your FME Server license from a local reseller, it's them you should contact for your serial number, not Safe. As a bonus, they probably have office hours more aligned with yours.

Badge

It was 2+ days ago. ;)

Sorry @zcherve, Monday was a holiday here but I would have expected that you would have had a reply yesterday, so perhaps your request got lost in cyberspace :( David is right, please try chat we are online now. (9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm M-F Pacific Time)

Also if you have the license file from your old Server installation ( it would have been in the flexnet directory for 2015), the serial number is located there. Or on any purchase confirmation email, or annual maintenance email there would be a reference to the serial number.

Cheers!

Sorry @zcherve, Monday was a holiday here but I would have expected that you would have had a reply yesterday, so perhaps your request got lost in cyberspace :( David is right, please try chat we are online now. (9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm M-F Pacific Time)

Also if you have the license file from your old Server installation ( it would have been in the flexnet directory for 2015), the serial number is located there. Or on any purchase confirmation email, or annual maintenance email there would be a reference to the serial number.

Cheers!

Thanks for the info, Cat! Much appreciated.