Question

Can't connect to ArcGIS Online using the Reader.

• 10 March 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I am trying to connect to AGOL using FME Desktop 2015 but can't get it to connect. Attached is the error I am getting. Hopefully someone out there is familiar with this error. I have tried opening port 443 but hasn't made any difference.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Are you connecting to ArcGIS Online through a proxy that uses a PAC File? If so, I don't believe that will work. I can perhaps provide a workaround if that's the case.

Badge +3

Are you connecting to ArcGIS Online through a proxy that uses a PAC File? If so, I don't believe that will work. I can perhaps provide a workaround if that's the case.

Hi Mark I have come back to this problem. I want a way to update AGOL data - yes the proxy does use a pac file so a work around would be great.

OK, the info I found is as follows:

The ArcGIS Online format within FME currently does not support connecting through a proxy that makes use of a PAC file.

You can work around this by hardcoding the path to the proxy server on the system. To do that, open the pac file and copy the proxy server address from inside. Then, inside the LAN Settings dialog (in control panel > internet properties > connections), uncheck the User automatic configuration script option and then check 'Use a proxy server for your LAN' and paste the address inside the parameter there. Then restart FME Workbench and try the connection again.

I hope this helps solve the problem.

hi mark, a workaround would be great, we have the problem to. thanks, rob