Solved

AttributeValueMapper with Excel mapping table doesn't work

• 25 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello,

I've got an Excel sheet like the following and I simply like to map an Attribute in my FME workbench.

My workbench looks like:

And my AttributeValueMapper Parameters are:

In my example the value in FEATURE (AttributeCreator) is inside of the Excel sheet but as result I always get the standard value, not the value I'd like to be mapped.

In Excel the cells are formated as text since there are also alphanumerical values.

Hope someone may help here.

btw: How do I prevent the file upload here to add the path of my files to the filename as prefix?

icon

Best answer by takashi 25 August 2016, 11:51

View original

3 replies

Badge +16

don't exactly understand your issue but if you are looking for a way to introduce the values from the excel into the value mapper use the import button on the bottom

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @maikhertel, you have to define value mapping rules in the parameters dialog, like this.

As Itay mentioned, you can import the values from the Excel table using the 'Import' button function. Alternatively, in this case, you can read the Excel table with the Excel reader and use the FeatureMerger to merge a record to each feature using the 'Feature' value as join key.

Badge

Okay I see my mistake, I have chosen attribute names instead of attribute values during the Import dialogue. So just my first row was imported and I thought that's it. So that's not a dynamic way of mapping, if Excel changes I need to reimport. The FeatureMerger @takashi mentioned will be my option.

Thank you!