Solved

Feature holder not working

• 23 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have a workspace that makes an initial SQL database call to write to a table that generates an id key that subsequent database writers require. The problem is that the initial call doesn't seem to close/finish writing before the subsequent calls look for the id key. I have placed a feature holder before the subsequent calls but if the records fall below a certain number the process fails (and the initial table is not populated). Over a certain number or records the process is fine. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sam

icon

Best answer by lars_de_vries 24 March 2018, 01:10

View original

3 replies

Badge +3

Have you considered using a FeatureWriter or a SQLExecuter transformer for the dbo.Employee table instead using the writer? That way the feature gets immediately written and you do not need to use the FeatureHolder.

Userlevel 4

Have you considered using a FeatureWriter or a SQLExecuter transformer for the dbo.Employee table instead using the writer? That way the feature gets immediately written and you do not need to use the FeatureHolder.

Agree completely, this would be my preferred solution today.

There's also this article that contains the "old fashioned" way of doing it, using regular writers:

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/201/write-feature-types-in-a-specific-order.html

Hi Lars! The FeatureWriter did the trick - thank you so much! I have another part of the workflow that isn't working because the FeatureHolder is failing as well (hopefully this will resolve that as well). Really appreciate the insight!

And thank you David as well, you guys are great!