Solved

workspacerunner on fme2018 is not working

I download the example from the article "

Batch Processing Using the WorkspaceRunner

"

When i run it an the fme2018 and don't change anything it works well. When i update the workspace runner to fme2018 ,it can not work any more. I don't know why. It troubles me a lot.

This is the ordinary one?

Then i update the workspacerunner

icon

Best answer by mark2atsafe 29 June 2018, 22:20

View original

15 replies

MY FME IS FME2018 X64. And I tried it on fme2017 X86 ,it works well. So the problem must be in the fme2018 X64

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @liujisheng

I think the MIF reader is not reading any features as you have not specified a value in the Feature Types to Read parameter. Can you try removing the Feature Types to Read parameter from your polygonbuilder workspace?

Hi @liujisheng

I think the MIF reader is not reading any features as you have not specified a value in the Feature Types to Read parameter. Can you try removing the Feature Types to Read parameter from your polygonbuilder workspace?

I have tried to remoe the Feature Types to Read parameter from my polygonbuilder. It doesn't work, but also thank you very much.

It will be great for me to find a case from fme2018 x64, but unfortunately I can not find it in the knowledge center.
Badge +2

Yes, I too faced strange behaviour of workspace runner transformer when I installed 2018 version. Workspace is working fine when I worked individually, but the same workspace is not working when I used workspace runner. It showed as successful but the output files will not be present in the directory as desired. I thought, FME was not installed properly until now and I continued working in 2017 rather than taking risk :).

Workspace runner is one of the backbone transformer of FME when we are working in batches/more workspaces.

Yes, I too faced strange behaviour of workspace runner transformer when I installed 2018 version. Workspace is working fine when I worked individually, but the same workspace is not working when I used workspace runner. It showed as successful but the output files will not be present in the directory as desired. I thought, FME was not installed properly until now and I continued working in 2017 rather than taking risk :).

Workspace runner is one of the backbone transformer of FME when we are working in batches/more workspaces.

Yes?we are facing the same question " It showed as successful but the output files will not be present in the directory as desired. "

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @liujisheng

I think the MIF reader is not reading any features as you have not specified a value in the Feature Types to Read parameter. Can you try removing the Feature Types to Read parameter from your polygonbuilder workspace?

Hi @DebbiAtSafe, I found the reason for the failure. It seems that the WorkspaceRunner in FME 2018 fails to pass empty string to a (optional) published parameter.

Check this repro: fme2018-workspacerunner-defect.zip (FME 2018.0.1.1 build 18312)

The symptom will be clearly logged if you set Yes to the Wait for Job to Complete parameter in the WorksaceRunner and run.

0684Q00000ArMFuQAN.png

0684Q00000ArME4QAN.png

Expected an even number of command line arguments, instead got 1 for command line: >>  `--PARAM' <<An error occurred during the batch file execution, 1 translation failed. The following error message was raised: #2 : Expected an even number of command line arguments, instead got 1 for command line: >>  `--PARAM' <<Program TerminatingTranslation FAILED.
Userlevel 4
Badge +25
Hi @DebbiAtSafe, I found the reason for the failure. It seems that the WorkspaceRunner in FME 2018 fails to pass empty string to a (optional) published parameter.

Check this repro: fme2018-workspacerunner-defect.zip (FME 2018.0.1.1 build 18312)

The symptom will be clearly logged if you set Yes to the Wait for Job to Complete parameter in the WorksaceRunner and run.

0684Q00000ArMFuQAN.png

0684Q00000ArME4QAN.png

Expected an even number of command line arguments, instead got 1 for command line: >>  `--PARAM' <<An error occurred during the batch file execution, 1 translation failed. The following error message was raised: #2 : Expected an even number of command line arguments, instead got 1 for command line: >>  `--PARAM' <<Program TerminatingTranslation FAILED.
Hi Takashi,

Yes, this is what I am finding too. In the example of the user the command is:

C:/Users/imark/Documents/Testing/polygonbuilder_2018.fmw --SourceDataset_MIF C:\Users\imark\Documents\Testing\BatchProcessingData\Data\parcel_L24.mif --FEATURE_TYPES --DestDataset_ESRISHAPE C:\Users\imark\Documents\Testing/BatchProcessingData\Output

Without a value for FEATURE_TYPES, FME fails. I'll file something with our developers immediately.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi folks. I recreated the problem (thanks Takashi) and have filed a high-priority issue with the developers. I am hoping we're in time for a fix to go into 2018.1. I will keep you posted.

Badge +2

Hi folks. I recreated the problem (thanks Takashi) and have filed a high-priority issue with the developers. I am hoping we're in time for a fix to go into 2018.1. I will keep you posted.

Thanks @Mark2AtSafe

Thanks @Mark2AtSafe
Userlevel 4
Badge +25
Hi @pratap and @liujisheng - I wanted to let you know that this has been fixed. It will be available in 2018.1 - that should be released maybe later this week.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi @pratap and @liujisheng - I wanted to let you know that this has been fixed. It will be available in 2018.1 - that should be released maybe later this week.

Good to hear. Thanks for the quick fix.

Badge +2

Thank you @Mark2AtSafe for updating us on proceedings...

Glad I found this thread...I thought I was losing my mind. Looking forward to resolution of this issue soon.