Solved

Orientation problem, transforming from 2,5D Esri Shape into IFC files

• 2 December 2016
  • 4 replies

I have been Working with Esri Shape 2,5D and transforming them into IFC. I have follow the CADtoIFC example but i will like to have the buildings in ifcBuilding because i don't have any information about the wall, Slab or Roof

I generate an Area(polygon) from a lines then use Extrude to get the height of the building, aggregate sam attributes to the Polygon, then use GeometryPropertySetter /Geometry Name="Body"

the IFC file look like this

and just after Aggregator_5 in FME DATA Inspector look like this

As you can see is missing one building and a part of the roof is wrong have anyone know how to fix this or what can be the problem?

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 3 December 2016, 02:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

It would be great if I could have a closer look at the data being sent to the IFC writer. Please add a Recorder to your workspace right after the Aggregator, then run the workspace again. Send the resulting FFS file and workspace to me at support@safe.com, with Attn Dave in the subject.

I will examine the features to see if I can find a reason for the missing and offset buildings, and create a problem report if the IFC writer is the cause.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi Matias,

It appears that the IFC writer is presently a little touchy about the geometry it receives.

The missing building is a MultiSolid, and needs to be converted to an Aggregate in order to write out. You can do this with a GeometryCoercer transformer. Set the Geometry Type to fme_aggregate, and leave the default Geometry XQuery.

The building with incorrect roof seems to be due to an issue the writer has with the Extrusion. I will have our development team look at this to find the root of the problem. However, you can avoid the issue by converting the Extrusion to a BRep Solid before writing.

Add a second GeometryCoercer, and set the Geometry Type to fme_brep_solid. In this one we want to set the Geometry XQuery to: This part, Geometry Type, =, IFMEExtrusion. This will ensure that only the Extrusion geometries are modified.

With both these GeometryCoercers in place, you should get proper IFC Buildings output.

Badge

Dear @matias

I am in a similar problem with having no geometry in the output. May I have a closer look at your input data and workspace? My email is s3585629@student.rmit.edu.au

My appreciated!

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Dear @matias

I am in a similar problem with having no geometry in the output. May I have a closer look at your input data and workspace? My email is s3585629@student.rmit.edu.au

My appreciated!

Hi @maxbuiaus. As this a an old thread, I would suggest you create a new question: https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/ask.html

In your new question, please include details such as:

• A clear statement of the problem you are trying to resolve
  • The version of FME you are using, including build number and edition or FME trial?
  • A small sample of your data, or screenshots of the data in the FME Data Inspector
  • A description of your expected output, with screenshots if possible
  • Your FME workspace
  • Your FME translation log file
  • Any other information that may be useful to share
Thank you!