Question

AutoCAD FME legend mismatch, DWGStyler issue

• 20 November 2014
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I am trying to use a AutCAD template to generate an engineering profile and I'm having two issues where I could use some help. When I look at the template DWG file in AutoCAD the legend appears correctly but when viewed in FME Data Inspector it doesn't match the DWG file. See the screen shots below.

CAD Legend

Same legend in FME.

I have pointed the shape file directory in the CAD writer to "C:\\Program Files\\Autodesk\\DWG TrueView 2015 - English\\Fonts" is that the correct thing to do?

I'm also having an issue with the DWGStyler and I'm also new to FME and don't have much experience with CAD. I would think that by using this transformer I could access the linetypes (symbology) contained in the template DWG file to set the symbology of the output lines but that doesn't seem to be working since the symbols don't match what I see in the CAD file. Could this be related to the first issue?

Thanks,

Vince

4 replies

Badge

Any updates on this question? I'm trying to use DWG blocks of electrical symbols using DWGStyler, my problem is the block scale doesn't seem to be working for me. Whether I use ground units or scale factor doesn't seem to work. I also tried the scaler transformer but its scaling all objects on my translation at the same time. Any suggestions?

Badge +2

Hi @vince,

As far I know, Inspector will not show the symbology as AutoCAD. But you can know what symbology does this line have in autocad in the form of attribute autocad_linetype or autocad_width or some other attribute. You have to maintain the attributes when you want to write the destination to autocad or another format.

Pratap

Badge +2

Any updates on this question? I'm trying to use DWG blocks of electrical symbols using DWGStyler, my problem is the block scale doesn't seem to be working for me. Whether I use ground units or scale factor doesn't seem to work. I also tried the scaler transformer but its scaling all objects on my translation at the same time. Any suggestions?

Hi @geospatiallover,

Segregate the required blocks using tester and use scaler transformer.

Hope this helps

Pratap

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi @vince,

As far I know, Inspector will not show the symbology as AutoCAD. But you can know what symbology does this line have in autocad in the form of attribute autocad_linetype or autocad_width or some other attribute. You have to maintain the attributes when you want to write the destination to autocad or another format.

Pratap

Correct. FME Data Inspector will show the data with the correct colour, but it won't show line type or line width.