Question

FME Server Filecopy Writer Remove Writer Name in Download

• 22 April 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge +16

I want to remove the FILECOPY_1 path from the data download zip file from FME Server when using the filecopy writer, and can't figure out why it isn't being removed.

When I enable the Data Download service on FME Server when publishing, I make sure to set the Path in the Zip File to empty, but I still receive the data download file in the structure listed below.

Current Download File Format

FME_3637254D_1587574658508_152.zip\\FILECOPY_1\\examplefile.txt

Format I Want to Receive

FME_3637254D_1587574658508_152.zip\\examplefile.txt

Any ideas as to what I can do to remove the "FILECOPY_1" from the download zip from FME Server?

Below is an image showing how I have it setup for FME Server.

FME Server 2020.0.0.1

8 replies

Badge +16

Could this possibly be a bug? I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything.

Badge +22

Could this possibly be a bug? I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything.

What version of FMEServer are you using? I had that behaviour in 2017 and could not fix it, but I did something in 2019 that solved my problem.

Badge +16

What version of FMEServer are you using? I had that behaviour in 2017 and could not fix it, but I did something in 2019 that solved my problem.

Hi @jdh, I'm using FME Server 2020.0.0.1. We previously updated from 2019.2 that didn't have this issue. Wasn't sure if there was a workaround or if I need to change a setting somewhere.

Badge +22

Hi @jdh, I'm using FME Server 2020.0.0.1. We previously updated from 2019.2 that didn't have this issue. Wasn't sure if there was a workaround or if I need to change a setting somewhere.

Looking at my correspondence with Safe, I was able to replace the FILECOPY_1 with a value, but not promote it to the root.

There was also a bug involving FileCopy format on the FeatureWriter in 2019, I don't know if it was resolved in 2020.
Badge +2

Hi @warrengis,

It looks like if you use the Path in Zip File value blank FME will revert to using the default file path, instead please set this to '/' indicating that you'd like the file written directly into the zip file with no folder structure.

Badge +16

Hi @warrengis,

It looks like if you use the Path in Zip File value blank FME will revert to using the default file path, instead please set this to '/' indicating that you'd like the file written directly into the zip file with no folder structure.

Hi @hollyatsafe, that did fix it, but I had to replace the Filecopy Writer with a new one for it to keep the "/" in the zipfile content path. After replacing the writer and adding the "/", the download contents were in the root directory of the zip file. Thank you!

Badge +6

Hi @warrengis,

I had a similar issue like @warrengis with a Generic Writer, re-creating the Generic Writer helped in my case also.

Before that, the field "Path in Zip files" would display blank (not even the default value), writing something into it would revert to blank when I opened it again. Using Server 2020.1.3, Workbench 2020.1.3

Badge

Hi @warrengis,

Sadly it doesn't work for me. In fact, I can't set any custom folder structure. I just end up with FILECOPY_1 not matter what. I want my file to be but in the root of the zip.

I'm on 2020.2.2 (Build20817).