Question

FME 2018.1 JSONFragmenter Result Attribute parameter greyed out

Badge

I am having a problem with a JSONFragmenter transformer. Though I think I set up all the parameters correctly I am getting the Result Attribute (for the resulting output) greyed out and I don't understand why (see below). Can anyone help?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

The result fragment will replace the source attribute when using Attribute as Source. The Result Attribute is only in use when reading json from file or URL. Also see documentation.

"If the JSONFragmenter is set to read JSON from a feature attribute, then the output is automatically written to the input attribute. If, however, the JSONFragmenter is set to read JSON from a file or URL, then an output attribute must be selected. This is done in the Result Attribute field which is activated when Input Source is set to File/URL. The output attribute may be selected from existing input attributes, user defined parameters, or a new attribute may also be created."

http://docs.safe.com/fme/2018.1/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/jsonfragmenter.htm

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
FME 2018.1 is a beta version. It's still in developing stage, could have many issues.

I would recommend you to use the latest release version 2018.0.1, if the workspace is for a mission critical task.
Badge

The result fragment will replace the source attribute when using Attribute as Source. The Result Attribute is only in use when reading json from file or URL. Also see documentation.

"If the JSONFragmenter is set to read JSON from a feature attribute, then the output is automatically written to the input attribute. If, however, the JSONFragmenter is set to read JSON from a file or URL, then an output attribute must be selected. This is done in the Result Attribute field which is activated when Input Source is set to File/URL. The output attribute may be selected from existing input attributes, user defined parameters, or a new attribute may also be created."

http://docs.safe.com/fme/2018.1/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/jsonfragmenter.htm

I just had this happen to me, I upgraded my workbench to 2018.1 and this transformer stopped working. Finally i re-selected the json attribute and found that in the upgrade it had reset to read from file/url.
Badge +2

I just had this happen to me, I upgraded my workbench to 2018.1 and this transformer stopped working. Finally i re-selected the json attribute and found that in the upgrade it had reset to read from file/url.
Hi @brianapeters, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We were able to reproduce the problem. It does seem like something went wrong in this transformer, when an 2018.0 workspace was opened in 2018.1. We will investigate and send you an update, when this issue is fixed. Thanks again!

Badge +2

Hi @brianapeters, Just an update: we added some fix in the latest FME 2018.1. It should resolve the type of issue you encountered. Please find the latest release here. And if you have any more issues with the latest version, please let us know.