Question

appropriate reader of raster dataset

• 9 September 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

I'm a beginner of FME desktop. I have several raster dataset. Each of them is a folder containing several .adf, .xml and .log files. I want to read them in the FME desktop then convert them into polygons, so that I can next overlay and tessellate these polygon layer. But I got stuck at the first of all step-- choosing the reader.

I tried the "GIS Binary Grid", which gives me the warning "File contents may be invalid, or the file format may not be supported".Also chose the format of .hdr raw raster, ASCII Grid and .gdb, the folders are greyed out and cannot be chose in the Dataset window.

As additional information, eg. one of the dataset I failed to open in FME is the Esri DEM raster dataset. It's a folder containing a set of .adf, .xml and log files. It shows as "raster dataset" in the platform of Esri Arc Catalog.

Figure 1. the raster dataset shown in Esri desktop.

Figure 2. The dem10_plains folder contents.

Should I transfer the raster dataset into other format to be able to read in FME?

Many Thanks!

1 reply

Badge

The ESRI AIG Binary Grid is the correct reader for this, but needs to be steered at the folder level rather than the individual file/s within the folder I think.