Solved

FME keeps skipping a part of the workbench, featuremerge refuses to merge

Badge

I have a problem with one of my workbenches. A few actually, but the most important one: It skips a part of the workbench and I have no clue as to why.

After this, it continues, but no suprise: Point on area overlay does not work without points. Problem 2: Featuremerger does not work. It simply refuses to merge 2 identical columns.

The weird thing; If I use chashing and run from the featuremerge onwards it will merge and it won't skip. And then the second feuturemerger refuses to merge only a few (+/1 100 out of 3000) feutures.

I get no error messages at all.

I am at a total loss as to what is happening and I am getting a bit frustrated.

icon

Best answer by miob 29 July 2019, 10:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

The most obvious thing to check is the FeatureMerger inputs and settings. How many requestors should there be? (it kinda fell off the screenshot) and how are you merging?

Userlevel 4

Also, send both the Requestor and Supplier input to the Inspector and verify that the match columns really do match up.

Badge

I just started from scratch all over again (the workbench shown was based on a workbench someone else made) and now it all works as intended. Maybe a versioning issue?

The values in the columns do match, so in the new workbench I've had no issues. Thank you for taking the time to look at the question!

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Although it's fixed, I'll just suggest for future reference that the AttributeTrimmer is a good transformer to try out here. Sometimes the join keys have spaces at the end that prevent matching, and it's not always obvious just by looking at them in the Data Inspector.

Anyway, glad you got it working OK.