Question

How to display who are the “followers” or “following”?

• 25 August 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

How to display who are the “followers” or “following”?

I’m wondering if there is a way who are the “followers” or “following”

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @jamal,

Good question! It doesn't look like there is a way to view who you are following or who your followers are at this time. Following is a method for you to be notified about interesting or relevant content. For example you might want to follow someone because they have a good wealth of information on a specific topic or industry that you want to know more about, and you can set how you receive those notifications in My Preferences > Notifications.

I know i linked this in the other answer, but for anyone else interested in taking a look there's more info in this article: New to the Community?

I noticed that you had also asked about viewing who has voted for your posts, would you be able to tell me a bit more about why you might be interested in being able to view this? As from the upvotes on both posts it looks like something that people are interested in being able to do.

Thanks!

Jovita

Badge +5

Thank you jovitaatsafe for commenting on my idea

Showing the who has voted is already available in Geonet and Cityworks forums

I've got the same question. Seeing who the followers and following are might be helpful in many cases. It's a pity this function is not available, as implementing it is not so difficult as it seems at first glance. On Instagram, everything looks so clean and polished. I wish they will do the same. However, it might be unclear which followers are bought from third-party services, such as famoid.com. Also, you mentioned Geonet and Cityworks forums. I like their implementation too, but the graphical part is far from perfect.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

I've got the same question. Seeing who the followers and following are might be helpful in many cases. It's a pity this function is not available, as implementing it is not so difficult as it seems at first glance. On Instagram, everything looks so clean and polished. I wish they will do the same. However, it might be unclear which followers are bought from third-party services, such as famoid.com. Also, you mentioned Geonet and Cityworks forums. I like their implementation too, but the graphical part is far from perfect.

Hi @vladfilipenko​, thanks for sharing your use case! Unfortunately there's still no way to see followers and who you are following; however, if it helps, I believe you can check who has upvoted your posts or selected it as the best answer via notifications.

Regardless of what you use Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter for, it never hurts to know who is closely following your every word, link, or photo. Understanding who is following you can help determine what content to share, which audiences to target, and, in some cases, which people to block. To find out your ig followers, click on the profile icon and then on Followers. Clicking on a specific person's name will allow you to see who they follow and who is subscribed to them. There are also apps to track your followers' activity, like Followers & Likes Manager.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Regardless of what you use Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter for, it never hurts to know who is closely following your every word, link, or photo. Understanding who is following you can help determine what content to share, which audiences to target, and, in some cases, which people to block. To find out your ig followers, click on the profile icon and then on Followers. Clicking on a specific person's name will allow you to see who they follow and who is subscribed to them. There are also apps to track your followers' activity, like Followers & Likes Manager.

Hello @novarena​ , sorry to hear you're having issues finding information about subscriptions. Are you refering to an FME Subscription? I generally like to refer to this blog: Elevate Your Data with FME Subscriptions, but if you had some specific questions about subscirptions, I can help you find the information you need. Best, Kailin.