Question

Excel columns order changed after being imported into FME

• 23 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Following is an example I am suffering from now, just don't know how it could happen and the solution for us so far is just to manually move impacted columns back to the right position, which is stupid of course:

1. Columns (Latitude and Longitude) are at the begining of the excel file:

2. After imported into the FME, the order of these two columns (Latitude and Longitude) changed and moved to the last for no reason:

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13
Sorry to hear of this annoyance.

I tried to duplicate this with FME 2018.1 and was unable.

If you could provide an example .xlsx file, your .fmw, and ideally also a log file then we could figure out what was going on. In particular, if you were using an older FME, then I could imagine this happening as there used to be ways to lose the column order. Nonetheless it would be good to get to the bottom of the issue. Thanks.

Sorry to hear of this annoyance.

I tried to duplicate this with FME 2018.1 and was unable.

If you could provide an example .xlsx file, your .fmw, and ideally also a log file then we could figure out what was going on. In particular, if you were using an older FME, then I could imagine this happening as there used to be ways to lose the column order. Nonetheless it would be good to get to the bottom of the issue. Thanks.

hello, how could I send you the files you need? thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

hello, how could I send you the files you need? thank you!

You could upload the files on the forum or report a ticket at https://www.safe.com/support/ --> Report a problem.