Question

Bulkattributerenamer creates hidden attributes?

• 19 March 2014
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3
Hi all,

I think this picture says it all.

Is this behaviour correct?

Greetes

Gio

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

I was unable to reproduce this using FME 2014 build 14230 and the Data Inspector.

On another note: is there a particular reason for using a regex action when "Text to find" isn't a regex?

David
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Gio,

I was able to reproduce that by setting the "Text To Find" parameter as a constant or a regex (FME 2014 build 14235).

In my understanding, FME Workbench doesn't show dynamically created attribute names unless you expose them explicitly with the AttributeExposer etc.. It's similar to the case where you renamed attributes using the SchemaMapper (Attribute Mapping).

So I think it's correct behavior that they were hidden.

But it's a little bit unpleasant that "C_x_@(_creation_instance)" has been exposed...

Takashi
Badge +3
Hi David and Takashi,

Reason is that i want to make the attributes per object and then collect the centerpoints as pairs per pair of objects.

I need to make a "powerline" of every pair of circles in a collection of n circles. (if powerline is the correct term in english) Takashi probably  knows the correct term, as he is mathwise.

Also i used the regexp, though strange, it looks like text but is actualy the attribute name. A bit of fiddling to get it into the transformer and have it recognize the attribute name... but it apparently worked. :)

I actualy input it as @Value(C_x) and @Value(C_y) which when saved, turns out as C_x and C_y.

That is why i was wondering if the behaviour is intended.

I had to copy the first transformer which is the C_x , to create the C_y (transformers are inline, x prior to y).

Because if i entered the C_y, the transformer insists its a attibute (with the arrow icon next to it, and it would not concatenate in the replacement text). More reason to wonder wether this transformer is working as intended.

seems this transformer needs some overhauling maybe? Or am i like missusing it a bit..ehehe

And i was indeed hoping it would kinda autoexpose the attributes...well i keep on hoping..

That was the only reason i was trying out this transformer.

Now i have to go the traditional way of collecting and grouping.

Tx for reactions.

Gio