Question

OSM-XML Writing a osm_relation_type=multipolygon

I want to write areas with holes as "osm_relation_type=multipolygon".

It works fine when I give the objects directly to the OSM-writer (FME does all the work).

However, I would like to assign the node/way/feature-ID myself and determine the number of vertices of a "way" myself.

I tried following workflow:

1. Getting a "feature-ID" to the area
  2. Splitting the areas in simple features an features with holes
  3. Extracting the outershell and hole
  4. Writing the tag "role=inner" (hole) and "role=outer" (outershell) to the geometry
  5. Splitting the geometry after 1964 (e.g. year of birth) vertices
  6. Copy the "feature-ID" to "feature_relation_id"
  7. Getting a "way-ID" to the way
  8. Joining a feature and it's ways by "feature-ID" and the attribute "feature_relation_id" an creating the members (ref/role/type)
  9. Dropping the original feature-geometry
  10. Add the attributes "user", "timestamp", "version" and "visible".
  11. Hoping the OSM-writer understands what I'm done.

Everything looks good in the inspector. But this doesn't work.

I have attached a screencopy of the inspector and my workbench (2020.0).

Thank You very much for Your help.

3 replies

Badge

Hi @mokarto. Just want to be sure I understand the problem correctly. When you write the data out there is no feature_id attached to the polygons, is this correct?

Daragh

In addition: just the single ways of the feature are written out. I miss the non geometric relation "multipolygon" which is composed of the was as members (ref/role/type) of the multipolygon. Also I miss the information on the ways that they ara a member of the relation "multipolygon (e.g. as shown in josm).

What a pitty! I chose the ID too big. It works perfect with a Feature/Way/Node-ID less than 1,000,000,000.