Solved

How can i transfer infrared image color to point cloud? Which transformer/parameters should i use?

point cloud screen shot.

Geotiff infrared image of an electrical board.

icon

Best answer by takashi 16 June 2017, 15:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @gnawali66, I think you can use the PointCloudOnRasterComponentSetter (Component to Set: Color).

Hi takashi,

Sorry for bothering you every now and then. I have tried same way as you suggested but i couldnt print the color on point cloud. Please have a look at attached files, how can i solve this error? Thank you @takashi

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi takashi,

Sorry for bothering you every now and then. I have tried same way as you suggested but i couldnt print the color on point cloud. Please have a look at attached files, how can i solve this error? Thank you @takashi

You are using the ASTM E57 format, and the format seems to require manual component mapping. Try setting this to the Component Mapping parameter of the E57 writer.

cartesianX,x,cartesianY,y,cartesianZ,z,colorRed,color_red,colorGreen,color_green,colorBlue,color_blue

0684Q00000ArMAfQAN.png

See also here to learn about component mapping in E57: ASTM E57 Reader/Writer | Point Cloud

Hi takashi,

I had this setting as well but i cant extract color from raster. I tried with writer format LAS but did not find the solution. Should i use any additional transformation to get color from Geotiff image? Since point cloud file has its own coordinate and i geo-referenced tiff file based on those coordinate, so TIFF file doesn't have Z co-ordinate. I am hoping to get help from you! Thanks a lot @takashi for your valuable time.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi takashi,

I had this setting as well but i cant extract color from raster. I tried with writer format LAS but did not find the solution. Should i use any additional transformation to get color from Geotiff image? Since point cloud file has its own coordinate and i geo-referenced tiff file based on those coordinate, so TIFF file doesn't have Z co-ordinate. I am hoping to get help from you! Thanks a lot @takashi for your valuable time.

A possible reason is that the raster and the point cloud don't overlap each other in the same coordinate system. To narrow down possible reasons, firstly make sure that they overlap correctly on the View of FME Data Inspector.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi takashi,

Hi, perhaps does the source point cloud represent a vertical wall-like object? If so, you will have to swap y-coordinate and z-coordinate before coloring so that the projected point cloud and the raster would overlap in 2D plane. And, naturally, the raster has to be georeferenced to overlap with the projected point cloud.

You can use the CoordinateSwapper (or the PointCloudComponentRenamer) to swap y and z, before and after coloring.