Question

Maintain Source Raster File Name after converting to polygon

• 31 August 2018
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Hello,

I am trying to maintain the source Raster name as an attribute that can be linked to the destination polygons once I have run a mosaic on all the rasters and converted them to polygons.

I have tried to generate a list on the RasterMosaicker, but still can't maintain the attribute.

Any ideas would be helpful

Thanks

Frank

3 replies

Badge +7

Hi @londonhb185,

Have you set your Accumulation Mode to "Merge Incoming Attributes" in the RasterMosaicker? Have you tried setting the Feature Type Name to "From File Name" and exposing fme_feature_type on your ARCVIEWGRID reader? You could also try creating a brand new attribute with this value, if you find that other transformers wipe out fme_feature_type. Hopefully this way you can build your list properly.

Hope this helps

Nathan
Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Once you convert to polygons from the mosaic, won't some of the polygons potentially overlap / be derived from more than one raster? Feels like it would be hard to get the originating raster name perfectly. One idea would be to overlay the resulting polygons on the boundaries of the original rasters and then decide which one overlaps the most (can be done -- a bit tricky). Could you clarify a bit further how you want to determine the original source rastername?

Badge +3

Hi @londonhb185,

Have you set your Accumulation Mode to "Merge Incoming Attributes" in the RasterMosaicker? Have you tried setting the Feature Type Name to "From File Name" and exposing fme_feature_type on your ARCVIEWGRID reader? You could also try creating a brand new attribute with this value, if you find that other transformers wipe out fme_feature_type. Hopefully this way you can build your list properly.

Hope this helps

Nathan

When reading an Esri ASCII Grid, I had to expose the fme_dataset attribute, which gives me the full path and file name.