Question

SQL Creator repeats values

• 28 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

Good morning,

I have two tables, being extracted from an azure database. I am using the inner join command, however when it runs, it repeats and processes the features from one table the same number of features in the other table. For Example: Table A has 10 features and Table B has 11. When I run the SQLCreator Table A gets repeated 11 times (# of features Table B has). Is there a way to prevent this. Below is a screenshot of the SQLCreator.

Thanks,

David

3 replies

Badge +4

@david_prosack88

A SQLCreator generates FME features from the results of a SQL query executed once against a database. One FME feature is created for each row of the results of the SQL query.

Since you have not posted the complete workflow, can you check the same operation using InlineQuerier or a SQLExecutor?

Happy FME-ing :)

SRG

Userlevel 4

Try executing the query in e.g. MS SQL Server Management Studio or some other SQL developer tool. The results (number of records returned) there and in FME should be identical.

Badge +3

@david_prosack88

10X11 is cardinal.

With a join this can happen when the join key has all identical values or maybe even empty (some even treat null).

That would be the level_id.

If you would read data from a table and add another table (to the from statement) with no relation, you get the same effect.