Question

How do I extract values every X seconds ?

• 28 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I have a problem in FME. I have too much data so I want to filter data every 3 seconds (3 or 4 or anything, whatever) but I really don't know how to do it if someone can help me please .

Here is my fme workbench if that can help :

Here is an example of data (you can see that in date we have data every second and I want to put it in a "every 3 seconds format") :

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

It looks like you have 1 record per second, if that is the case you can simply use a Sampler with sampling rate set to however many seconds you want. A sampling rate of e.g. 3 will only pass through 1 of every 3 records.

Badge +22

I agree with @redgeographics, that if your data is consistent and continuous the Sampler (Every n features) is the way to go.

If it isn't then you can convert your date field to seconds (or other single unit) and calculate the modulo @fmod(time, interval) then test that the result is 0.

It looks like you have 1 record per second, if that is the case you can simply use a Sampler with sampling rate set to however many seconds you want. A sampling rate of e.g. 3 will only pass through 1 of every 3 records.

Thank you, it worked pretty well !