Question

FME 2014 could not handle Oracle Spatial Object type of reader

• 17 January 2014
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hello!

This is serious failure I have here: after installing FME 2014 I cannot get my Oracle connection working properly. All the previous workspaces will crash if I try to save them over. I figured out that the problem starts even if I try to add "Oracle Spatial Object" type reader on the blank workspace, it crashes: 

It's weird that with 2014 beta I did not have that problem - I changed all my 30 or so workspaces, to use 2014 (2013 SP3 was our previous, still working with Oracle). But the database <null> support that came out with 2014 was a crucial benefit for us, so switching back would be really annoying.

What could cause the FME 2014 to crash workspaces with Oracle Spatial reader? 

And, it is weird that using "Oracle Non-Spatial" reader is not causing crash...

With regards,

Raivo Alla

Estonian Land Board

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

just tested on my machine and it seems to work as it should.

Perhaps try to re-install FME and the Oracle client?

For the Oracle client, make sure that you're using the most recent one and that it's the same edition as FME (e.g. 32-bit).

David
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

I have also been using FME 2014  with Oracle Spatial, with no problems.

Itay
Badge
Thanks for your answers!

FME re-install didn't help, will try Oracle client re-install later. However, FME is 32-bit and Oracle client also. But I have two clients installed, so maybe cleaning abit should help indeed

Raivo.
As the previous answers state, it sounds like a client issue.  I had the same problem with 64bit install of FME 2014 not working with X86 programs like ESRI.  I had to re-install the 32 bit verson of FME in order for the connections to work.