Question

.IFC and .IFCZIP to .gdb conversion through FME Workbench Tool

• 18 March 2019
  • 1 reply

I Have ".IFC" format 3D file. I am trying to convert into .gdb file(with 3D Multipathes) by using "Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb API)" option. After converting into .gdb it is converted only Table format. Not 3D format.

Again i try to select another .gdb "Esri Geodatabase(File Geodb ArcObjects) option. But it not activated. And it was showing an error. Find the screenshot attached.

My question is how to convert IFC extension file to .gdb file. This file i need to use in ARCGIS PRO.

Is there any option to use IFC in arcgis pro.

Thanks in Advance

VK

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @vamsi.boppana,

Sorry to hear you've run into a snag with the unmet dependencies error. Here's an article that will help troubleshoot that. Check to make sure that you've got ArcGIS licensed and either 64 bit ArcGIS or 64 bit background geoprocessing installed. If you have all the prerequisites, it may just be a matter of having FME installed in a place where it can see the arcgis license. I have mine installed in my program files.

Hopefully, access to a more appropriate geodatabase writer will yield a better result. Once you get the reader access, this Q&A answer from Dave may also be good resource for your transformation.