Solved

Raster Reader error

• 26 June 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have some errors coming up in FME Server when I'm trying to read in rasters which, when I'm running locally through Desktop, do not occur.

I am reading in several GEOTIFFs using S3Downloader and saving them to a location. Then from that location I use a FeatureReader and send them to a VectorOnRasterOverlayer. (The vector features coming in are fine).

As I said, running locally is fine, but through Server I'm getting the following warnings and errors:

I appreciate this could be a simple fix but I'm new to raster handling in FME. I've already tried a few things using a GeometryValidator after the FeatureReader, such as processing measures containing NaN, but with no joy.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by soothsayers 12 July 2018, 12:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi,

My gut reaction is that the differences in the environment between your authoring and server must be the cause.

Could you post (as a text file) the full log of a successful run on desktop, and then the full log when it fails on server.

GeometryValidator doesn't work on Rasters unfortunately. But one trick that can be used to determine the health of a raster, with the cost of some time, is to send the raster into a RasterConsumer. That will cause FME to read all the contents of the raster and do nothing with them. If that passes, then we know the raster is not corrupt.

Some wild thoughts without seeing the log:

1) The rasters are not being downloaded correctly on your server. If we can RasterConsume them, then we know this is NOT the problem.

2) Somehow your running out of temp disk space or or memory or both. The full server log file would tell us what the space is for your temp drive and how much memory you have. Looks like it is a linux server your on. But you'll want to have lots of disk space available wherever FME_TEMP (or TEMP) is pointing.

Badge +1

Thanks for your reply Dale.

I eventually got around the issue by changing my S3Download output to Attribute, instead of File:

Followed by a RasterReplacer, making sure to remove the _s3_object_contents attribute with it:

This appears to have done the trick!