Question

FME Server Error: Found an uneven number of server parms

Badge +3

I've uploaded a workspace to FME server which runs on Desktop but errors out there:

All the parameters are completed, but when I try to run the workspace FME Server returns this error:

When I click on the View Details button I get this:

Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong? I've attached the workspace.

Thanks

Neil

3 replies

Badge +21

Hi @nedwaterman

Try disabling all Database connections and upload to FMEServer. Does it "run now"?

Then enable one by one to see if one of them is the issue. It might be the naming of the databaseconnection (space, strange character?)

Badge +3

Hi @nedwaterman

Try disabling all Database connections and upload to FMEServer. Does it "run now"?

Then enable one by one to see if one of them is the issue. It might be the naming of the databaseconnection (space, strange character?)

Thanks sigtill, I'll give that a go and see if it resolves the issue.

Badge +2

Hi @nedwaterman,

I've only seen this error once before but I've taken a look at your account information and the screenshots provided it looks like you are from the same organisation as the previous user who reported this so I suspect it is the same issue.

The problem is not with the published parameters within this workspace but actually one of FME Servers Parameters.

If your user account is assigned a role that contains quotes then you may see this error returned:

Found an uneven number of server parms. Must be of the form [-<ServerParmName> <ServerValue>]*

However this may not happen for all workspaces and only occurs when certain conditions are met:

• Role contains quotes

AND
  • User also assigned to another Role

AND
  • In request parameters role with quotes is first (the order is dependent on user permissions)

E.g.

Failed: "user:username "holly" fmeadmin"

Succeeded: "user:username fmeadmin "holly""

You may be able to check this by viewing the Request Data Section in the Jobs history. 

Including special characters in a role name became unsupported in FME 2017+, if you try and set this up in FME /AD now, you see the error:

Name cannot contain any of the following characters: / : * ? " ' < > | ^ & # + = %

This role was likely created in an FME Server 2016 or older and added to your current Server using the backup restore process, and the restore log presents the warning
Please remove this role or create a copy of this role. The name contains one of the following illegal characters: \/:*?"<>|&='+%#

Therefore in order to resolve the issue please ask your FME Server Administrator to re-create any roles previously enclosed in quotes.