Question

FMEERROR

• 9 December 2019
  • 1 reply

i am trying to learn FME safe as i need it for my career but in the FME 2019 tutorial (basic) I always have this error when running the first tutorial work space. I attached a screenshot of the error

Geodatabase Error (-2147024893): The system cannot find the path specified. Could not open File Geodatabase dataset `C:/FMEData2019/Data/CommunityMapping/CommunityMap.gdb' for reading.

In between, i used a MACBOOK PRO and i am running FME 2019.2 student license. Any help please??

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi @emmanuelfrancis,

All of the workspaces that are used in the training courses were created on a Windows machine and are configured to read files from C drive. Since you are using a Mac this location does not exist so when you open any workspace you will need to change the file paths for both your input data and output destination to wherever you placed the FMEData2019 folder to ensure the translations can access the data and run successfully.

There are a number of ways you can modify the file path. The file paths are stored as user parameters so probably the easiest way is to select the Run > Prompt for User Parameters:

Then when you go to Run the translation a pop up box will appear where you can set these values.

Alternatively these can be modified by updating each Reader/Writer individually accessing them from the Navigator panel.