Question

Why is configuration file parameter lost in FeatureReader in FME desktop version 2018.0?

• 14 March 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I need to work with OSM PBF, but in FeatureReader tranformer in version FME Desktop 2018.0, there is missing configuration file parameter (e.g. INI file) for OSM PBF. But in version 2017.1, as you can see below, the parameter is there...

Why is this paramater missing? If it is purpose, how can I solve substitution of configuration file?

Thank You so much!

Lubo

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @lazarlubomir,

The Parameter dialogs were reorganized for 2018 to group the settings more logically. The setting for the config file can be found by opening the User Defined OSM Map Features section.

Badge

Hi @lazarlubomir,

The Parameter dialogs were reorganized for 2018 to group the settings more logically. The setting for the config file can be found by opening the User Defined OSM Map Features section.

The Map Feature Config File is a bit different from the old config file, but one should still be able to accomplish the same tasks.

@lazarlubomir, what were you using the .ini config file to do? Add attributes on schema perhaps?

Badge +1
@jakemolnar

Thank you so much! I figured it out thanks to your advice and link to OSM guideline.

Badge
@jakemolnar

Thank you so much! I figured it out thanks to your advice and link to OSM guideline.

No problem, I'm glad you found a method that works for you!

By the way @lazarlubomir, if your .ini and .xml config files are not secret then would you mind attaching them here? We're hoping to put together an article to help users who encounter the same issue that you did, and it would be nice to have a real-world scenario to study.

Badge +1
No problem, I'm glad you found a method that works for you!

By the way @lazarlubomir, if your .ini and .xml config files are not secret then would you mind attaching them here? We're hoping to put together an article to help users who encounter the same issue that you did, and it would be nice to have a real-world scenario to study.

@jakemolnar I can attach only the INI file, because we still work on developing of XML file in dependency of customer´s wishes, if it is ok for you.

osmconf.zip

Badge
@jakemolnar I can attach only the INI file, because we still work on developing of XML file in dependency of customer´s wishes, if it is ok for you.

osmconf.zip

That's okay, thank you very much for the example!