Solved

User Parameters for Database Connections

Badge +3

I wanted to centralize assignment of Database Connections in my workspace as I have quite a few transformers, readers and writers that use them and want the flexibility of switching this from one central location while testing (dev vs. test vs. production) and am noticing there is no "Connection" or 'Database Connection" type of parameter. I see "Web Connection" but nothing else. Curiously when a SQL reader is added though, a parameter is indeed added to the workspace as you can see below, but it doesn't show what kind it is (2019.1):

I will re-purpose one of these and re-link, then delete the redundant ones, but this does feel a bit of a workaround and was expecting to be able to create the user parameter from scratch. Unless of course I'm missing something? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by david_r 22 May 2020, 08:56

View original

3 replies

Badge +3

Although there is a way to add this way at least:

Userlevel 4

What you are observing is correct, the automatically generated connection parameters have a hidden type. I do not know why, but it's always been like that.

I believe the only option is to keep only one of these connection parameters, then re-link all the other references to this common parameter.

Badge +3

What you are observing is correct, the automatically generated connection parameters have a hidden type. I do not know why, but it's always been like that.

I believe the only option is to keep only one of these connection parameters, then re-link all the other references to this common parameter.

Thanks, that's exactly what I ended up doing to clean things up (see below, separate comment).