Solved

OSM Data missing tag

• 20 February 2019
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hello,

With help of you, I managed the read the osm transportation data that I have attached. However, I am puzzled with tag information. If I open the data in QGIS, I see other_tags attribute in linestring data. However, I can not see the attribute when I read in FME. I used AttributeExposer but I still am not able see this tag.

I am particularly interested in this tag as it has additional information such as number of lanes,oneway and width etc.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by david_r 20 February 2019, 16:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

It seems FME is automatically expanding the "other_tags" into (unexposed) attributes. If you e.g. expose the attributes surface, oneway and ref for the first three features in your list, you will see the following in FME, which corresponds to the other_tags list in QGIS:

So basically you'll need to manually expose all the necessary keys for other_tags.

Badge +1

It seems FME is automatically expanding the "other_tags" into (unexposed) attributes. If you e.g. expose the attributes surface, oneway and ref for the first three features in your list, you will see the following in FME, which corresponds to the other_tags list in QGIS:

So basically you'll need to manually expose all the necessary keys for other_tags.

You are a life saver! It works. Thank you very much!