Solved

How do I add and use custom grid shift files (.gsb) to FME Cloud?

Badge

Hi all

I've been given a handful of grid shift file (.gsb) that I need to add to FME Cloud so that I can use them within a published service (via the CsmapReprojector transformer).

This is what I've done so far.

On Desktop I've copied the .gsb files to C:\\Program Files (x86)\\FME\\Reproject\\GridData\\Australia and modified C:\\Users\\<user>\\Documents\\FME\\CoordinateSystems\\MyCoordSysDefs.fme, adding the custom transformation definitions which point at the relevant .gsb. For example:

The transformation was tested and worked fine using desktop.

I then uploaded this modified MyCoordSysDefs.fme file to FME Cloud when I published the workspace I'll be using. I uploaded the file to myfmecloud.com/fmeserver/resources#/Engine/CoordinateSystems.

I realize the transformation definitions in MyCoordSysDefs.fme points to a desktop file location, not the server location so I presume I have to upload the .gsb file to FME Cloud and change the GRID_FILE parameter values in the transformation definitions in MyCoordSysDefs.fme. Is that correct? Where do I upload the gsb files to? I thought the answer might be this but it didn't seem to work:

I'm not sure this is even possible through FME Cloud console (I don't have access to the server file system.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

icon

Best answer by denniswilhelm 7 June 2017, 14:03

View original

4 replies

Badge +6

You can simply upload the .gsb file via the web interface in the shared resources folder. The actual location should not matter as you reference the exact location in the definition file anyways.

I uploaded all my *.gsb files in CoordinateSystemGridOverrides (within a subfolder for each gsb). After that it can be referenced in the definition with the following path:

GRID_FILE NTv2,Fwd,"/data/fmeserver/resources/engine/CoordinateSystemGridOverrides/myFolder/myFile.gsb" \\

Badge +1

Just a note to Australian users who may stumble on this post - please do not use the above details for GDA2020. These are still in testing. Full release should come with FME2017.1

Brett

Badge

You can simply upload the .gsb file via the web interface in the shared resources folder. The actual location should not matter as you reference the exact location in the definition file anyways.

I uploaded all my *.gsb files in CoordinateSystemGridOverrides (within a subfolder for each gsb). After that it can be referenced in the definition with the following path:

GRID_FILE NTv2,Fwd,"/data/fmeserver/resources/engine/CoordinateSystemGridOverrides/myFolder/myFile.gsb" \\

@denniswilhelm1 & @rkay

This approach is correct and works on FME Cloud with FME Server 2016.1.3 and newer. There was an issue in earlier versions of FME Server 2016 that caused the CoordinateSystemGridOverrides folder to be ignored.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Putting the .gsb files in the CoordinateSystemGridOverrides will cause problems in FME Flow 2023.0 and newer running on Linux. Please use the process described at https://docs.safe.com/fme/2023.1/html/FME-Flow/AdminGuide/Configuring-Grid-Transformation-Definitions.htm instead.