Question

Group/merge attributes

• 5 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

I have one feature reader that reads one table City, then I have another reader that reads table Person and then for each feature from City and for each feature from Person that are merged I'm performing job submitter operation with parameters CityId, PersonId

I would like to change it a bit:

What I would like to achieve is to take all objects from City and then take all objects from Person but then group results from Person to merge every n records into one.

As example:

Lets say I have 2 records in City table:

New York

Chicago

And I have 4 records in Person table:

Person1Person2Person3Person4

In o regular flow I would have JobSubmitter executed 8 times for:

CITY IDPERSON IDCITY IDPERSON IDNew York

Person1

Chicago

Person1

New York

Person2

ChicagoPerson2

New York

Person3

Chicago

Person3

New York

Person4

Chicago

Person4

What I would like to do is to group every n row from Person table and merge PersonIds into one attribute and modifie it a bit (by adding '' and ,) so for example for n = 2 job submitter would be executed only 4 times and it would look like:

CITY IDPERSONIDNew York'Person1','Person2'New York'Person3','Person4'Chicago'Person1','Person2'Chicago'Person3','Person4'

For n = 3 it will be also executed 2 times but for n = 4 only 2 times.

What is the best way to do that?

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

You could use an Aggregator to aggregate on the city attribute and concatenate the person ID

Badge +22

Put a Counter on the Persons, create a groupBy attribute that is the floor of count divided by N, where N is the number of people you want in a group.

@floor(@Value(_count)/2)

Use an aggregator, with the group-by set to your newly created groupBy attribute, and concatenate the person ID.