Question

Extruder transformer

Badge +1

Hi,

I have the building data captured through stereo plotting process. My task is to create citygml using this data, when I try to extrude the feature using "Extruder" transformer(ref attached screenshot Extrude.png) the building is not extrude properly (ref attached screenshot Issue.png).

Same building I tried in Arcscene using the extrusion option, it rendered properly (ref attached screenshot arcscene.png)

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

K.Jayakumar

13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Can you elaborate a bit more? The original polygons, are they on the surface (and you want to extrude up) or are they in the air (and you want to extrude down)?

And are the z-values above sea level or above ground level?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Aha, I think that may be the source of the problem. In the Extruder you are extruding by @ZValue(), which is the z value the feature has. But it looks like you need to extrude by the BLDG_HEIGH attribute, try that and see if it works.

Badge +1

Aha, I think that may be the source of the problem. In the Extruder you are extruding by @ZValue(), which is the z value the feature has. But it looks like you need to extrude by the BLDG_HEIGH attribute, try that and see if it works.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried that also same issue exist.

Badge +1

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried that also same issue exist.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Are your XY coordinates in the same units as your Z's?

Badge +1

Hi

Please find the screenshot of vertex list and building height of the specific polygon.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Any chance you can share a small sample of your data here (just one or two polygons)? Also, which version (build number) of FME are you using?

Badge +1

Any chance you can share a small sample of your data here (just one or two polygons)? Also, which version (build number) of FME are you using?

Hi

Unfortunately I unable to share the sample because of firewall restrictions . I am using this version of FME FME(R) 2015.1.2.1 (20150924 - Build 15539 - WIN32)

Thanks a lot for your immediate responses.

Badge +1

Hi

Unfortunately I unable to share the sample because of firewall restrictions . I am using this version of FME FME(R) 2015.1.2.1 (20150924 - Build 15539 - WIN32)

Thanks a lot for your immediate responses.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

It's still not clear to me exactly what you're putting in. Can you open the original dataset in FME's Data Inspector, inspect one building and let me know what the z-value and BLDG_HEIGH are, then extrude it and tell me what's wrong with it?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

The @ZValue function that you have set to the Extrusion Height parameter returns the z coordinate value (the current elevation in other words) of the first vertex of the input geometry.

The Extruder (Extrusion Input By: Height) extrudes the geometry from the current elevation to the Z axis direction by the distance specified in the Extrusion Height parameter.

Is it your intended transform?

Badge +1

It's still not clear to me exactly what you're putting in. Can you open the original dataset in FME's Data Inspector, inspect one building and let me know what the z-value and BLDG_HEIGH are, then extrude it and tell me what's wrong with it?

Hi,

Please find the sample data and screenshot took from the arcscene (ArcScene.png) and from the FME data inspector (FME Inspector.png)

sample.zip

Badge +1

Improved view in arcscene