Question

Batch deploy issue

• 18 April 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge

hello,

Currently i try to do a batch deploy an apply the same workbench on 89 file. When I use the "batch deploy", all the files are process but the files are saved under the same name which means that they are deleted as they go along, in the end I only have 1 file left instead of the 89 starting...

The output file names are defined in relation to a number extracted from the input file name and stored in an attribute. I think that's where my concern comes from, but I don't know how to solve it.

Example :

Input files is name "trajectory0001.txt" and it have this constitution :

In the FME I extract the filename and I keep the decimal part and I put it in new attribut (call "line").

So I have these file in output.

The output file is name 001.csv because I based the file name on the value of "line" attribut.

My reader is may be wrongly defined so that it always takes the same file name but I'm not sure.

I don't know how to solve my problem ...

Arnaud

5 replies

Badge +4

Would you be able to share sample data and workbench?

Thanks,

Caner

Badge

I've finally achieved to do the operation but I don't know really how ... And the output is not the one I expect because it grouped all in one file and not in individual files (same number as the input files).

There are maybe some parameters to set on reader-writer to allow to use the batch deploy?

Here is the workbench : lineextractv2.fmw

And few input data: trajectory00001.txt, trajectory00002.txt, trajectory00003.txt, trajectory00004.txt

Badge

try to use fanout on file name on the value of "line" attribut

Badge

try to use fanout on file name on the value of "line" attribut

Interesting! It works very well thanks!

Just another little request, It will be just perfect if all the output files will go to a single folder. Is it possible or not?

Because I have this :

Badge +2

Interesting! It works very well thanks!

Just another little request, It will be just perfect if all the output files will go to a single folder. Is it possible or not?

Because I have this :

Hi @arnaudfouch, It looks like you might have also set the Dataset Fanout to use the "line" attribute. In FME you can perform fanout on the writer at 2 different levels, Feature type Fanout, and Dataset Fanout. This article gives a very detailed tutorial about both types. https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/565/fanout-1.html

Hope it will give you the foundation knowledge needed, and help fix the problem you are seeing.