Solved

PDFSTYLER - URL's exporting corrupt. Pics and Workbench attached.

• 23 October 2017
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge

Hello,

I am exporting data from SDE to PDF and would like url's associated with each grid to open a file.

I have created the path for each url within an attribute creator and associated it with the PDFSTYLER.

Here is the "corrupt" url when you click it in the PDF:

Here is the Tooltip showing the proper data for URL (same is used for the URL):

Here is the details within the PDF of the URL box showing it carried over correct:

If you change it opening weblink or opening a file etc etc doesnt change the way it adds all those random symbols in the link when you actually link it.

I will also attach the actual workbench.

This is the version of FME I am using:

Edition: FME Desktop Smallworld Edition (floating)

Version: FME(R) 2016.1.0.1 (20160516 - Build 16494 - WIN32)

Here is the workbench:

Id appreciate ANY help with this.

Thank you!

Savas
icon

Best answer by fmelizard 26 October 2017, 01:31

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @sav426,

I'm not sure that this is a bug - The URL isn't corrupt. Those '%' characters are actually related to URL encoding. Check it out here: http://www.degraeve.com/reference/urlencoding.php

%5C represents a backslach and %20 is a space.

As a test I would try and paste your proper file path into a browser like chrome to see what happens. You may notice that the browser automatically changes the \ to forward slashes and includes a file:// at the beginning of the URL. 

Consider changing the AttributeCreator to something more like what you see in the browser - perhaps something more like this:

file:///N:/GIS/MAPS/CL&P;/DETAIL_MAPS/@Value(NAME).pdf

If the N drive is a network drive I would recommend using a UNC path instead of having your path mapped to 'N'. 

The other thing which I notice is that for some reason the '&' character is getting dropped. In the site linked above I see that & is equivalent to %26 so perhaps even this would work better:

file:///N:/GIS/MAPS/CL%26P/DETAIL_MAPS/@Value(NAME).pdf

Let us know how you get on