Solved

Clip Vector data From multiple shapes

Hi,0684Q00000ArAiaQAF.jpg

I have boxes shp and building shp.(Jpg_1_1)
I want to cut the buildings according to the box limits but

I want the buildings that touch the box limit to stay in that box. A building can be in more than one box. (jpg_1_2)0684Q00000ArAx1QAF.jpg

I use clipper but cut buildings according to the box borders .(jpg_1_3)

0684Q00000ArAx6QAF.jpg

Finally, I want to export according to the box names .Example: (1149334,1149935)
icon

Best answer by markatsafe 27 May 2020, 21:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

If you do not want the building polygons to be clipped, the SpatialRelator transformer might be a better option.

That transformer adds a _relationships list with the relationships between the tiles and the buildings.

That list can be used to output the relationships.

If you want to use the Clipper, you need the Inside output plus the Outside output, then use a Tester to filter only the Outside that is Clipped (an attribute indicator is available).

The Inside Clipped and Outside Clipped can be used for restoring the buildings using the AreaBuilder (group by Builing ID).

Hope this helps.

Badge +2

@ienesaglam60 I think it'll be a combination of SpatialFilter and Clipper. You need to clip the buildings that span gri squares to clculate the relative areas and then piece them back together. So I think a combination of SpatialFilter, Clipper and Aggregator will do the trick. Something like:

Workspace (FME 2020) and sample data (City of Vancouver Open Data): insidegridcalculator.fmwt

@ienesaglam60 I think it'll be a combination of SpatialFilter and Clipper. You need to clip the buildings that span gri squares to clculate the relative areas and then piece them back together.  So I think a combination of SpatialFilter, Clipper and Aggregator will do the trick. Something like:

0684Q00000ArK43QAF.png

Workspace (FME 2020) and sample data (City of Vancouver Open Data): insidegridcalculator.fmwt

Thank you so much @markatsafe.

This workspace worked partially. No matter which grill the building areas are on, it throws the building into that area.
I want a building to stay on all the cutting grids. A building can stay on 3 4 different grids.
I think I need to make a change in the aggregator part.
do you have any idea?