Solved

How to select lines that "touch" or "intersect" other lines?

• 7 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

This is part of another ongoing process. At this point I have 3 DXF file features. #1 = River lines (outlines for eventually a River Area) , #2 AOI for this sheet of data that has now been broken up at each intersecting river line, #3 River centerlines. What I'm attempting to do is select each broken AOI piece that instersects/ touches the river center line and keep only those. The spatial relator or the spatial filter both show that they should work but it is not grabbing all of them. I'm getting roughly 8 out of 11 chopped AOI lines that i need. Everything has been snapped to the AOI to ensure they are close enough together in order to be touching/intersecting (i've used both parameters in the spatialrelator/ spatialfilter tools). In ArcMap you would be able to use the select by location and grab all of these features but I want to do this in fme. Any help would be great.

The Red line would be my river centerline and the two blue lines would be the chopped AOI lines i want to keep.

icon

Best answer by takashi 7 December 2018, 23:59

View original

5 replies

Badge +3

@sjolster31

The red line would need 2 objects related (in your picture).

So, if relating them (after snapping if needed), you would have to explode the _relationships{} made by the relator. Set Conflict Resolution = Use list attribute values

Then use this exploded set to merge them to the chopped AOI set by their ID.

Badge +1

@sjolster31

So, if relating them (after snapping if needed), you would have to explode the _relationships{} made by the relator. Set Conflict Resolution = Use list attribute values

Assuming that tester is testing for related objects?

Badge +1

@sjolster31

Also, how do you get those awesome parameters to pop up in a screen shot like that for each transformer?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Also, how do you get those awesome parameters to pop up in a screen shot like that for each transformer?

Right-click on the transformer and select Attach Annotation or Show Summary Annotation.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I think you can use the LineExtender to ensure that the river line crosses the chopped AOI lines and then select required lines with the SpatialFilter. e.g.

See here to learn more about spatial predicates: Spatial Relations Defined