Solved

FME server 2016 protocols

• 25 November 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Just getting started with server so excuse me if I'm asking something obvious...

IT installed server for us in a Test and a Production environment. Now I want to create a subscription in Production but the list with protocols is empty... In Test we have a complete list. I have a hard time how to figure out to edit this list. Can someone give me a hint in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by mark2atsafe 25 November 2016, 17:48

View original

4 replies

Badge +16

Simple no edit needed it should be providing you with the list of available protocols ( as in production) my guess is that something is not going quite right in you test environment

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Simple no edit needed it should be providing you with the list of available protocols ( as in production) my guess is that something is not going quite right in you test environment

Thanks Itay, this confirmed my suspicion IT has some work to do.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I just uninstalled Server in preparation for upgrading my version to 2017, but I seem to recall there is (or was) an option on the start menu like Start > Programs > FME Server > Install > Add Subscribers and Publishers. Do you have that option?

Failing that it looks to me like the install failed and you could just try doing it over again. Is there also an installation log? Yes, I think there is. Check <FMEServerDir>\\Logs\\installation and see if any errors were reported there.

Hope that helps.

Badge

Install all bat files if you need from FME Server folder.