Question

Problems while exporting multiple tracks in shapefiles and gpx format

Badge

I was experimenting with a generalizer transformer. As input I have 1 GPX file with 1 track and its trackpoints. After generalizing (smoothing) I wanted to write the original GPX file and the smoothened file into 1) a shape file and 2 another named GPX-file. See the workflow above.

I noticed that the shapefile showed two different tracks (correct!), whereas the GPX file gave two identical tracks, e.g. twice the original track. The transforming seems to be doing its job, but it's the actule GPX-writing that is going wrong. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Kind regards Pim Verver

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Tracks in GPX need to have unique id's (in the track_id attribute). If you set those it should work.

Badge

I have used an attribute manager to change the name and track_id of the new smoothened track. Unfortunately. I think it has something to do with 'missing geometry' of the new track, and the relation between trackpoints and the track in the GPX format. @redgeographics

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Good point, the track is a reference to the trackpoints. So by adding a Chopper after the AttributeManager, with maximum vertices set to 1, you can turn your generalised line into individual points which are fed into the TrackPoint feature type. Like so.

Badge

Yes, checked, and it worked like a charm. Thx!