Solved

Boundary and geometryname

• 28 September 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge
Hi everyone,

Is it possible to change geometry names for a boundary too? I used the GeometryPropertySetter to set the GeometryName and Traits (see pic below), but it also changes the geometry name for the Boundary IFMELine. I want to set the name for the boundary to curveMember (see Example 2nd pic).

The Problem is, that FME is creating a LinearRing for an ElevatedSurface, but i need an GeodesicString. I hope that the geometryname will help me with that.

My geometry:

It should look similar to this:

thanks,

Mel
icon

Best answer by takashi 29 September 2015, 10:48

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Mel,

You can specify a geometry part which should be overwritten its name, through the Geometry XQuery parameter of the GeometryPropertySetter.

For example, this setting specifies polygon boundary (i.e. child of a polygon).

Takashi
Badge
Thank you! Sadly it didn't work for the GeodesicString but I think I am on the right path.

Do you know if its possible to insert an IFMEPath before my IFMELine? So that it looks like the second picture?

Meli
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
A possible way I can think of is:

- decompose the multi area into individual polygons (Deaggregator),

- transform the polygons into lines (GeometryCoercer),

- build paths from the lines (PathBuilder, Connection Break Attributes: feature ID, _part_number),

- build polygons from the paths (AreaBuilder, Group By: feature ID, _part_number),

- aggregate the polygons to restore multi area  (Aggregator, Group By: feature ID).

Assuming that the original multi area feature has unique feature ID attribute and there isn't donut geometry.

If there were donut geometries, it would be a little complicated.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Note that the original attributes other than feature ID will be lost through the reconstructing procedure. If you need to preserve the original attributes, consider merging them after reconstructing by the FeatureMerger, using the feature ID as the "Join On" attribute.
Badge
Thank you again, its working :)