Solved

Change Detection on files

• 30 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am using Directory and filepath name read and then FilePropertyExtractor to build a table with all files of a specific file type. I then use time stamper to create the file name. subsequently the workspace is run a second time and the previous file (using sorter and sampler) is pulled into feature reader and then to the ChangeDetector.

I can't seem to add a uuid because it recreates a new one each time i run it. So i can't use that as an update key.

So right now i am using the unix path as an update key and i get all features as updated. (when there are no changes)

If i set the check attr types and encodings to yes i get all of the original as deleted and all the revised as inserted.

I just read that the order makes a big difference in the CDor. So i rearranged a bit and added sorters. Then

I had to reformat my date modified attribute. and i think that might be it.

I would take any suggestions anyone has to make this better. It is going to have ot run over an entire network (which previously took over 3 days to run).

The Matcher doesn't do what i need and i can't find anything else that will help with this.

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 30 June 2020, 17:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

What attributes are you matching between? Be aware that if you are choosing All Attributes the change detector will compare even unexposed attributes, and if you are comparing two files with different filenames it will declare them all updated, even if the only update is the different filename.

Badge

What attributes are you matching between? Be aware that if you are choosing All Attributes the change detector will compare even unexposed attributes, and if you are comparing two files with different filenames it will declare them all updated, even if the only update is the different filename.

i am only matching the path_modified_date. I have it working for when there are no changes.

But as soon as i change 1 file it sees many as updated.

I deleted 1 file. and did a save on 1 file. and now i get the 1 deleted but i get 71 files updated.

which is the path modified. which i guess is correct since i have path_modified_date. but it doesn't work if i use file_mtime

I am confused. I think i may have only changed the sorting. but now it does not see all the files in one directory as updated. it seems to be working correctly now.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

i am only matching the path_modified_date. I have it working for when there are no changes.

But as soon as i change 1 file it sees many as updated.

I deleted 1 file. and did a save on 1 file. and now i get the 1 deleted but i get 71 files updated.

which is the path modified. which i guess is correct since i have path_modified_date. but it doesn't work if i use file_mtime

I am confused. I think i may have only changed the sorting. but now it does not see all the files in one directory as updated. it seems to be working correctly now.

If you generate a list on the updated output, what does it say has changed?

was a solution ever found? I'm having the same issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

was a solution ever found? I'm having the same issue.

Hi @ali.jo17​,

For better visibility on your question and more specific help, I'd suggest posting a new question to the Forums about the problem you're running into with the ChangeDetector, and you're welcome to link back to this question for context. This will provide the Community with the context to give you more tailored suggestions.

In the meantime, if you are getting more features updated than expected, try setting a list name for the parameter: Generate Detailed Changes List for Update Detection, this will provide you with more information about why they are coming out of the Updated port.