Solved

Is there a way to pass dates to workspace parameters in automations?

• 24 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have an automation where dates are created in workspace 1 and passed to workspace 2. I already had published parameters formatted as dates in workspace 2. However, I can't see an option to use the dates from workspace 1 as keys, I only get a calendar selection. It works fine with strings, is there a way to do it with parameters which are dates?

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 28 April 2020, 02:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @johnglick,

have you had a chance already to check out one of Mark's previous Questions of the Week on passing a key or an attribute from a workspace to an FME Server Automation? Taking a quick skim through, I believe you might need to add an automations writer before you'll be able to see the keys you want to access? Hopefully that helps a bit!

Badge +2

Hi @johnglick,

It doesn't look like setting an output key in a Published Parameter Date / DateTime is currently supported within Automations, possible because only a specific format is accepted for this parameter. Please consider posting an Idea to request this enhancement.

In the meantime I think the recommended workaround would be the approach you are already taking to change this parameter type to Text.

Badge

Hi @johnglick,

It doesn't look like setting an output key in a Published Parameter Date / DateTime is currently supported within Automations, possible because only a specific format is accepted for this parameter. Please consider posting an Idea to request this enhancement.

In the meantime I think the recommended workaround would be the approach you are already taking to change this parameter type to Text.

Thanks Holly, I posted an idea.