Question

How to update a feature layer on arcgis online using change detector?

I am attempting to read from an existing layer on arcgis online and check it against a layer in FGDB using change detector and update the same layer arcgis online if there are any changes made. They are all identical layers in terms of geometry. The only thing that will change is an attribute name in the table. So far it updates the data table correctly but it erases the geometry on AGOL.

5 replies

I tried the using the workbench here but it also did not work: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/19302/how-do-i-write-updates-to-an-existing-arcgis-onlin.html

Badge +2

I tried the using the workbench here but it also did not work: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/19302/how-do-i-write-updates-to-an-existing-arcgis-onlin.html

Hi @anthonystokes,

What build of FME are you experiencing this with? Are you able to try with the latest build? Also can you confirm that the geometry parameter in the AGOL Writer feature type is correct - it will also be helpful to inspect the features before the writer to ensure the geometry matches what you are writing the features as.

Hi @anthonystokes,

What build of FME are you experiencing this with? Are you able to try with the latest build? Also can you confirm that the geometry parameter in the AGOL Writer feature type is correct - it will also be helpful to inspect the features before the writer to ensure the geometry matches what you are writing the features as.

I'm using 2018.1 because our that's what our FME server runs on. The geometry parameter in the AGOL Writer feature type is correct and the features are the same.

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

I'm using 2018.1 because our that's what our FME server runs on. The geometry parameter in the AGOL Writer feature type is correct and the features are the same.

Hello @anthonystokes,

We have made a support case to help you with this issue! You should receive an email shortly.

Thanks,

Kailin Opaleychuk

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Issue has been resolved. We concluded certain settings in the FeatureMerger as well as AGOL writer were preventing a successful update. FeatureMerger settings changed: Feature Merge Type: Atrributes Only, Accumulation Mode: Merge Supplier. AGOL Writer settings changed: Truncate: NO, Feature Operation: UPDATE.