Question

Dangle line

• 16 March 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hy Guys

I need to identify and remove dangle geo of a netw

To be clear I need to remove all blue geo in the bmp attached.

I tried some workaround with coordinates but no success

Francesco

8 replies

Userlevel 4

Maybe this can help:

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/2818/dangle-nodes.html

Badge

HY

I tried but no succes

thx

Francesco

Userlevel 4

HY

I tried but no succes

thx

Francesco

Consider posting a small sample dataset here.
Badge +22

I use a topologyBuilder, test the Nodes for those that only have one element in the _node_angle{} list, and then FeatureMerger with the Edges based on the absolute value of the fme_arc_id (node) and the _edge_id (edge). Those that have a match are dangle, those that have multiple matches are isolated.

Badge

Hi

I create the WB that identify the dangle geometry but now I have to go into the loop to iterate the WB several time in order to remove the dangle geo generated AFTER FIRST RUN

can you help me ?

thx

Francesco

falsegeo.fmw

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @frsisani, you will have to create a custom transformer to perform the process for removing dangles recursively. I posted a solution before: Looping According to Spatial Data

And this is a new version which implements your approach. The FeatureMerger routes the lines (Requestor) to the "Loop to Input port" if a dangle node (Supplier) exists, to the Output port (i.e. finishes the looping) otherwise

See these links to learn more about how to create a custom transformer for looping.
Badge

Hy Takashi

Thx for your help

I tried to understand the "logic" of loop probably I'm very close to the solution but... not completely.

Attached my WB can you please have a look ?

Thx

Francesco

false-geo.zip

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hy Takashi

Thx for your help

I tried to understand the "logic" of loop probably I'm very close to the solution but... not completely.

Attached my WB can you please have a look ?

Thx

Francesco

false-geo.zip

Please read carefully the documentations I linked in the previous post. Especially this one is important:

Looping with a Blocking Transformer

Since the looping process contains some blocking transformers (Matcher, SpatialFilter, FeatureMerger [Edited] Sampler is not a blocking transformer), you will have to export the custom transformer (Insert Mode: Linked Always), make sure some parameters to enable loop with blocking transformer, and then use it in the main workspace as a linked custom transformer.

I tested your custom transformer after exporting, and it seems to work as expected.