Question

"Number" parameter not optional on FME Server/Cloud

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I've set up a workspace with a user parameter of the type "number", which is optional, no range limitations specified

This works fine on Desktop, but when I upload this to my FME Cloud that parameter is suddenly not optional:

Any ideas? I'm using FME 2017, build 17280 on Desktop, 17259 on Cloud.

I guess I could work around this by having it default to a value that can't possibly be a valid value and then filter on that but that seems a bit of a nasty workaround and is almost certainly going to come back and haunt me in the future.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +18
I can reproduce it. It looks like a bug. A workaround is to change the data-type to Text.

Badge +11

@redgeographics - Ack! What an inconvenience! I am able to reproduce this issue on FME Server 2017.0.1.1 Build 17291 and FME Server 2017.1 Build 17515.

I'll contact our Development Team right away to have this bug squashed! I will update this thread once resolved.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

@redgeographics - Ack! What an inconvenience! I am able to reproduce this issue on FME Server 2017.0.1.1 Build 17291 and FME Server 2017.1 Build 17515.

I'll contact our Development Team right away to have this bug squashed! I will update this thread once resolved.

Thanks @RylanAtSafe

Badge +11

This issue has been resolved for FME Server 2017.1.1 Build 17616 or Newer.

FME Server 2017.1.1 is currently in beta as of this writing and can be found here.